In March 2015 the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) and KBR announced an agreement to establish a new engineering and support services company in Azerbaijan. The legal entity name of the new company is SOCAR-KBR LLC and provides design, engineering, technical, procurement, construction supervision and project management services for projects across the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors, in the Azerbaijan – Georgia – Turkey (AGT) region. The key objective of this strong partnership is to create a world class Azerbaijan-based EPCm services company that will utilize the strength of both organizations and deliver top quality results by utilizing, developing and promoting Azerbaijani national content. The company has a long term commitment from both organisations.
SOCAR-KBR is now hiring Senior Project Engineer:
• Familiar with KBR work methods, tools and systems – ‘KBR DNA’
• Extensive multi-discipline experience working with all disciplines
• Ideally with Caspian and BP project execution experience
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, their role and responsibilities include:
• Senior Project Engineer based in Baku supporting the engineering scopes being undertaken in the Baku office.
• Providing direction as necessary, ensuring quality and technical integrity is maintained across the discipline groups.
• Help coordinate the interfaces / communications between Leatherhead and Baku offices.
• Coordinating the roll-out the KBR tools, systems and work methods.
• Ensure work methods/ checking procedures are being complied with and identifying any local job notes required
• Explore opportunities for expansion of discipline activities in subsequent phases of ACE.
• Supports the development of technical capabilities to enable the office to undertake additional EXECUTE phase activities.
• Providing local technical advice in resolution of issues/ facilitating with Leatherhead Leads.
• Providing general support to the Baku Senior Project Engineer.
Knowledge of languages (Azerbaijani, English, Turkish, Russian)
Please forward your CV to email@example.com indicating position title in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.