Position: Chief Engineer
Employer: Yeni Samaxi Hotel Company LLC
Address: Samaxi, Sharadil
Manage the engineering/maintenance operations of the hotel to ensure safety and comfort of hotel guests and team members. Follow brand standards and federal, state, and/or local regulatory requirements. May have responsibility for the Loss Prevention function.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance, and capital planning.
• Lead hotel renovations and other projects, negotiate contracts, and ensure timely completion of projects within budget.
• Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
• Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
• Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members in compliance with regulatory policies and procedures. Maintain relations with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, others as needed.
• Understand and respond to customer’s needs and ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
• Carry out preventive maintenance programme to ensure facility is maintained and in service for our guests.
• Maintain and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives.
• May be responsible for hotel security to minimise risk of theft, crime and other hazards.
• Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
• 4 years of engineering experience with two years in a management capacity
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company
• Good command in the Azerbaijani and English languages
• Computer literate
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
• Strong Leadership skills in managing teams to drive for results
• Hotel experience preferred
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV preferably in pdf format to [email protected] by specifying the Job Title in the subject line.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for application is September 15, 2016.