KPMG is a Big Four company, a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services, operating in 155 countries and having more than 173,000 people working in member firms around the world. Our purpose and aspiration is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the world’s capital markets
Audit – is an independent verification of the financial statements for the reliability of the information in. Audit involves certain processes and procedures designed to verify if true and fair financial statements posted on the company, reflects the results of its operations. Audit also assumes a certain level of understanding of issues and analysis. We should be able to provide our customers the necessary consultation on the rules and the underlying information in the financial statements and help them understand the current requirements.
What is the work of the auditor?
As usual, audit is a series of works, which includes research, consultation, information exchange and verification, analysis and reporting. Auditors begin a project with forming a comprehensive picture of the client’s business through research, meetings and travel to client sites. At the meetings with financial directors and senior managers discussed aspects of strategy and operational aspects of audit, then the auditor will review and analysis that includes:
• Taking part in different stages of Audit projects
• Carrying out financial analysis of company’s historic results and projections, conducting industry research
• Preparing and delivering financial models
• Confirmation of an accurate and complete list of vendors
• Study of the inventory methods used by the client
• Conducting a test of inventory
• Testing of existing processes and controls
The next stage – drawing up the report, which reflects the results of the work you do, accented major issues and makes recommendations.
An internship at KPMG provides a unique opportunity for graduates and students about to graduate to prove themselves in a real business environment at an international company, realize their potential through work on specific projects, and get an inside look at the company.
Interns that receive positive feedback on completion of their internship are offered full-time positions in the audit department.
What is needed to join KPMG:
• Be a graduate or last-year student; have an interest in accounting and audit
• Knowledge of audit theory is an advantage
• Readiness for intensive work and learning
• Good analytical ability and strong people skills
• Be able to take business trips
• Opportunity to work full time
• Wish to learn and develop professionally and desire to become part of a team of professionals
• Fluent Azerbaijani
• Confident English (to work with IFRS)
• Russian language is an advantage
Start date: 01 October 2016
Please register in KPMG Recruitment System https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=30008&siteid=5050&AReq=114943BR to apply to the vacancy.