Title: HSE Advisor
Report To: Operations HSSEQ Manager
• Develop and advise HSSE processes and tools which are critical to improving the HSSE performance of the Operation.
• Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
• Develops and supervises schedules for constant safety inspections and compliance.
• Participate and lead incident investigations, audits, self-assessments, and health-checks.
• Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
• Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
• Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as customers and regulatory agencies.
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
• Walk the Operation floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
• Provide HSE expertise to operation teams on risk areas e.g. Process Safety, Management of Change, Working at Height; Lifting & Hoisting; Prevention of Dropped Objects; Confined space, Hands Free, etc
• Assist with HSE review and then monitoring the execution of high risk and unusually hazardous operations.
• Able to proactively identify and address HSSE risks and issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Strong writing and computing skills
• Fluency in Azerbaijani and English
• Planning and organizing
• Time management
• Target orientation
• Team Orientation
• High Initiative and proactivity
Education and experience
• University degree in related field.
• NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a HSSE role within the Petrochemical or Oil & Gas industry.
• Health Safety Environmental and Quality Assurance qualifications including Lead Auditor accreditation for ISO 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
• Train the Trainer certificate.
• Control of work experience.
Interested candidates should submit CV’s to [email protected] and indicate the position applying for in the Subject line.
All applications for the advertised post will be assessed and given equal opportunities.
Application closing date: February 12, 2017