POSITION/TITLE: Cost Controller
About Sheraton Baku Airport Hotel enjoys an excellent location at the Heydar Aliyev International Airport, offering luxuriously appointed hotel rooms and suites. Fitness facilities, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa and attractive restaurants and unique bar complete this exceptionally charming hotel. The hotel is well equipped for hosting business and social gatherings of every description, with eight flexible function rooms.
• The Accounts Cost Controller, referred to as the ACCCNTRL, is responsible for the recording and accurate and timely reporting of all matters relating to the management of the cost control in the Hotel. The ACCCNTRL, will form an integral part of the Hotel’s accounting department audit function, by monitoring the daily performance of the operation, thereby identifying and taking corrective action, in order to eliminate potential problems at source.
• The ACCCNTRL will be responsible for the monitoring of all control measures, which have been established in order to ensure the cost effectiveness and maximization of profit throughout the Hotel, in both Stores and operating outlets, which will include,
• china, glassware, silver,
• operating and guest supplies,
• cleaning and chemicals
• The ACCCNTRL has as a primary function, to ensure that Management are advised in advance, of any preventative action, procedures or reporting structure, which needs to be established to ensure that the Hotel achieves it’s budgeted targets. In order to achieve these objectives, it is vitally important that a close working relationship exists between himself and those directly involved, i.e. Financial Controller, Food & Beverage Director, Executive Chef.
• Correct wrong behavior of staff in relation of energy saving outside my own department as well
• Take personally action if a misbehavior in terms of energy use has been identified
• Be the owner of energy preservation
• Permanently verify if existing procedures for reducing energy can be improved
• Accept responsible as head of energy reduction
• Be aware of all key figures related to energy consumption, overall as well as in my department
• The ACCCNTRL, will issue by 13.00 hrs Monday to Friday, to all concerned, a Daily Food Flash report on which is recorded both the previous days and month-to-dates food cost. In addition, this report will show all Storeroom issues, credits and staff meals.
• The ACCCNTRL, will prepare and distribute by the 25th of each month, a schedule for the monthly inventories.
• The ACCCNTRL, will be responsible for completing surprise inventories in the F&B Outlets and report any significant variances that may be discovered to the Financial Controller & Director of Food and Beverage.
• The ACCCNTRL, will provide and issue to all concerned, at the end of each month the following reports:
• Reconciliation of food and beverage costs
• Potential Beverage cost statistics by F&B Outlet as per established reports
• Food and Beverage stock turnover statistics
• Food and Beverage slow-moving item list.
• Breakdown of all inventories issued during the month by department.
• The ACCCNTRL will ensure that at the end of each month all food and beverage purchases including Petty cash and Customs amounts, which may affect inventory accounts are reconciled with Accounts Payable and the totals of each verified in Scala.
• The ACCCNTRL will prepare and post the monthly F&B Cost Journal Voucher into Scala, reflecting all stock movements.
• The ACCCNTRL, will periodically prepare such Buffet and recipe cost statistics, as may be required.
• The ACCCNTRL will conduct regular Butchers tests in order to establish cost effectiveness, real cost per Kg, end-use criteria.
• The ACCCNTRL, will provide regular cost comparisons on both local and imported items in order to maintain competitive purchasing.
• The ACCCNTRL, will conduct such spot checks on portion control to verify potential cost information.
• The ACCCNTRL, will supervise and participate, on a quarterly basis, the checking inventories of all working stocks, of china, glassware, cutlery, F&B and Room linen in the Operation.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to assist guests with inquiries
• Must be able to speak and write in English
• Must be able to speak and write in one additional language any other than English
Education: High school or equivalent education required.
Experience: Must have at least 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry. Experience in a Cost Controller position preferred.
If you are ready for a real challenge, please send your CV to e-mail: Vacancies@sheratonbakuairport.com
Please indicate the name of the position “Cost Controller” in the subject line of the email. CVs without position name indication in subject will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the further stages of the recruitment process.